Hogwarts Regenerated

Hello and welcome to Hogwarts Regenerated. We have moved over to http://z13.invisionfree.com/HogwartsRegenerated/index.php? come join us!!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hogwarts Regenerated

Hello and welcome to Hogwarts Regenerated. We have moved over to http://z13.invisionfree.com/HogwartsRegenerated/index.php? come join us!!

Hogwarts Regenerated

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The new generation of witches and wizards has come. Whose side are you on?

2 posters

Divination Lesson Two || Sixth Years

Sophia Chaos
    Sophia Chaos
    Head of Ravenclaw
    Head of Ravenclaw

Divination Lesson Two || Sixth Years Empty Divination Lesson Two || Sixth Years

Post by Sophia Chaos Sat Sep 15, 2012 1:26 am

The Imagery of Dreams and Visions

The imagery of Dreams and Visions are often similar. While Dreams occur during a sleeping state, Visions occur while a person is conscious. Dreams do tend to be more symbolic than literal, whereas Visions are the opposite.

Using one of the following Dream Dictionaries, discuss the potential meaning of a recent dream of yours. (Remember, that mundane dreams also hold meaning, usually about what is currently happening in your life, whether it be events or worries. Mundane dreams are rarely precognizant in nature.)
      • [Only admins are allowed to see this link]
      • [Only admins are allowed to see this link]
    Hyun-Ki Goh
    Hyun-Ki Goh
    Sixth Year
    Sixth Year

Divination Lesson Two || Sixth Years Empty Re: Divination Lesson Two || Sixth Years

Post by Hyun-Ki Goh Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:20 am

Listening to the teacher, Hyun tried to remember the last dream he had. It was just before he came to the school, it was a little hazy, but he could remember some things. He was in an accident, he and another car crashed head on into one another. He was fine, and got out. As he got out, several people surrounded the car, pointing at him, repeating the same thing over again. "This is your fault." He didn't know what they were talking about, it was just an accident. Suddenly, the cars went up in flames, and there was screaming on the inside. A fire extinguisher appeared in his hand, and he started to put it out, while someone else helped the people out.

No matter how much he did, the flames kept going. He came to the realization that the extinguisher was merely keeping the cars from exploding, just barely keeping it at bay. If he stopped, he and everyone around him would die. So he kept at it, the people inside the car escaping and running. Seeing that they were safe, he let go of the trigger and the cars exploded, which caused him to wake up. He had sacrificed himself for the people to get out alive.

Remembering the dream, he took one of the dictionaries and flipped through it, looking for certain key words. First, he looked up Accident, then Accuse, and finally Sacrifice. He slowly began to speak, talking about the dream he had.

"I think the accident regards pent-up guilt, which I am subconsciously punishing myself for. The accusing...let's see. Again, it just says that I may be feeling guilt. Sacrifice means the tendency to punish myself so...putting all that together I guess..." His mind trailed off, thinking of his brother. He still had great sorrow for that, and guilt, which was the only thing he could think of that would cause such a dream. "I would like to not discuss this anymore, thank you." His voice wavered for a moment and he closed the book, pushing it away from him and staring down toward his feet.

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 6:42 am