Hogwarts Regenerated

Hello and welcome to Hogwarts Regenerated. We have moved over to http://z13.invisionfree.com/HogwartsRegenerated/index.php? come join us!!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hogwarts Regenerated

Hello and welcome to Hogwarts Regenerated. We have moved over to http://z13.invisionfree.com/HogwartsRegenerated/index.php? come join us!!

Hogwarts Regenerated

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The new generation of witches and wizards has come. Whose side are you on?

2 posters

Pit of Legend (Ares and Nia)

Ares Ryker
    Ares Ryker
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Pit of Legend (Ares and Nia) Empty Pit of Legend (Ares and Nia)

Post by Ares Ryker Thu Jan 12, 2012 2:24 am

Ares stood in the center of the arena slowly circling to take in its many surroundings. Many men had fought and died here and possibly all those men were now nameless faces no one was going to remember. That again sharpened his mind, life was just too short to waste on what ifs. If you wanted something you had to go for it.

He stopped and plunged his sword into the sand just left to his left foot then used the swords hilt to rest his arm on. He had no idea why he was getting an apprentice it just seemed right. Perhaps it was so he'd be remembered if he passed on his skills, or maybe it was just so someone could look after him once the poison finally took over. He didn't know, all that mattered right now was that his apprentice would be here any moment.
    Nia
    Nia
    Sixth Year Prefect
    Sixth Year Prefect

Pit of Legend (Ares and Nia) Empty Re: Pit of Legend (Ares and Nia)

Post by Nia Thu Jan 12, 2012 3:05 am

Ksenia approached the man slowly, slightly cautiously, not knowing what to expect from him. A silgh frown resided on her forehead as she took in her surroundings. She was very happy to be chosen to be the apprentice of the battle strategies professor. She couldn't even imagine the things that the wizard could teach her. She had heard so much about him.. The things he had done in the army.

"Professor," she greeted him with a slight nod as she came to stand a few feet away from him.
    Ares Ryker
    Ares Ryker
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Ares Ryker Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:25 am

He turned and looked at his young apprentice as she approached. "Ksenia." He simply said giving her a little nod before turning his head back to the scenery. "I take it you know where we are?" He said, he'd heard of this place many times but this was the first time he'd actually been.

"So tell me, why is it you wished to become my apprentice?" He asked, he knew better than anyone that life was too short to be doing something you'd later on never end up using.
    Nia
    Nia
    Sixth Year Prefect
    Sixth Year Prefect

Post by Nia Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:33 am

"We are at the Alluminati Arena," Ksenia said calmly, looking around the places herself for a few moments before turning her eyes back to the professor.

"I am a thinker," she answered simply. "I always liked studying the history of battles, seeing their logic. It is very captivating. It is amazing what kind of things you could if you had the knowledge to orchestrate some of those battles."
    Ares Ryker
    Ares Ryker
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Ares Ryker Fri Jan 13, 2012 4:24 am

He nodded "And what do you know about the history of this place?" He asked, the history was very important when you were entering a battle ground, it gave you a better understand of your surroundings.

"Thinking is only half of what makes a good strategist. You are placed in charge of many fighters, you not only have to think as one of them but often join as one of them as well. So how are you when it comes to fighting? Magical and physical?" He asked.
    Nia
    Nia
    Sixth Year Prefect
    Sixth Year Prefect

Post by Nia Fri Jan 13, 2012 5:01 am

'This arena served as the main training ground for Alluminati warriors approximately 22 centuries ago. At first this place was not seen as anything extraordinary, it was like many training grounds in the area. Until wizards and witches begun to realise that the Alluminati warriors were better then any others. Not that that they had better skills, it was simply something unexplainable, some sort of magic that no one knew of. And that theory of magic was proven correct when some foreigners manage to get into the Alluminati army and train in the arena. They have found themselves stronger and better skilled, not simply because of the training, but of the magic as well. Of course when this information was found to be true, many tribes and countries jealous for the power of more skilled soldiers marched into the city so suddenly, not giving the Alluminati tribe any time to react. The Alluminati people were trampled, never having the chance of defeating their enemies because of the sheer numbers of them. The invaders were so blinded by their anger, they destroyed the structure of the arena. And with the structure went the magic," Ksenia finished, her tone almost musing.

The young witch shrugged her shoulders slightly. "I never was one for fighting. Though I suppose it will be a useful skill to have."
    Ares Ryker
    Ares Ryker
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Ares Ryker Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:28 pm

He nodded. "Seems i chose my apprentice wisely. Knowing the history of a land only increases your chances of winning." He said picking up his sword and placing it back into its holder. "So with that history in mind, what can we learn from that?" He asked.

"Right, well i expect you signed up for my class. That will give you some fighting experience as well as our one to ones. All good leaders should be good fighters. It makes fighters respect you more and will be more willing to listen to you if you haven't yet had chance to prove yourself."
    Nia
    Nia
    Sixth Year Prefect
    Sixth Year Prefect

Post by Nia Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:51 pm

"That emotions are very dangerous when they are not controlled," Ksenia answered the question. Knowledge was something she was very good at. A lot of professors complimented her for her skills.

"Yes, Sir, I did," she nodded her head slightly. "Though I was surprised when the two subjects were combined into one."

She nodded her head in agreement once again. 'Yes, that makes a lot of sense. I will try my best." She never was interested in physical combat, but this was a good point to start at.
    Ares Ryker
    Ares Ryker
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Ares Ryker Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:23 am

"Very good. Emotions can often be used as a tool against you. Never allow your emotions to get the better of you and cloud your vision. You will not only be putting yourself in danger but also your men." He said moving to lean against the wall of the arena to take a swig out of his flask.

"It seemed fooling not too seeing as they are one in the same out on the field. Whilst under my care you will not only learn to be the best at commanding an army you will be the best at leading the army from the front line." He said stashing the flask back into his pocket.

"Tell me, have you ever watched someone to pick out their traits and mannorisms?" He asked.
    Nia
    Nia
    Sixth Year Prefect
    Sixth Year Prefect

Post by Nia Fri Jan 20, 2012 1:56 pm

"And what of the emotions of the men who do not want to be lead by a woman?" Ksenia asked, almost musing. She had been reading far too many books on communication and the power it can give a person lately. "I think too rationally to allow emotions to effect me," she said with a small smirk. She did a lot of thinking.

"Its not something that I actually thought I would be doing before, but from the way you put it, it sounds very interesting. Learning how to protect myself would be good for me I think. In any case," she said.

"No, I have not," Ksenia said, shaking her head slightly. "I've concentrated on studying books, not people."
    Ares Ryker
    Ares Ryker
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Ares Ryker Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:47 pm

"Any decent man after witnessing your skills will listen if they wish to live. Many men just need to see evidence of your work. I myself have made quite a name for myself and with me claiming you as my own, you get a head start above all others in this field." He said. "You and you alone with be getting hands on experience."

"Good, lets keep it that way. Any and all emotions are bad when in the face of war. Remember that. Always keep a cool head and focus only on the war at hand nothing else. Once you've managed that you will have the makings of a great strategist."

He nodded. "Knowing how to protect yourself is the most important thing. All armies need a strategist and what good is a strategist that needs to rely on others to protect them if their camp gets infiltrated?" He asked rubbing at his tired eyes.

"Then it is about time you started child. Getting the measure of someones actions will help you on the field. The way they carry themselves can tell you what kind of fighter they shall be."
    Nia
    Nia
    Sixth Year Prefect
    Sixth Year Prefect

Post by Nia Mon Jan 23, 2012 12:51 pm

Ksenia nodded her head at the man. She was quite drawn in by what he was saying.

"And perhaps learning how to manipulate the emotions of others,"Ksenia said almost to herself. "That would be quite interesting. And useful."

Ksenia nodded her head in agreement once again. "You are right. If I pursue this as my career I will need to know how to defend myself. There are so many things t hat I would be able to do," she said in wonder, before shaking her head to clear it once again. Applying all of her knowledge to something so powerful and meaningful was quite enticing. She did not worry about the people that she might hurt in the future. Emotions were something she has left in her past life.

She looked up at him, listening intently. "And learn of their weaknesses," she said.

"Where do we start?"
    Ares Ryker
    Ares Ryker
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Ares Ryker Tue Jan 31, 2012 9:59 pm

"It's very useful believe me. It's gotten me out of many tight spots. Once you can understand people, it will be much easier to manipulate them. And once you can manipulate them, you can do anything." He said slowly zoning out as his mind wondered elsewhere.

He shook his head bringing himself back to the arena. "Do you carry a weapon Ksenia?" He asked unzipping his jacket to reveal a vest of weaponry. "A knife or dagger is always a good weapon to have on you at all times." He said pulling on from just above his hip. "Now use it wisely and don't show boat it okay?" He said spinning it in his hand so the handle ended up towards her.

He nodded. "Once you study people their weaknesses will become very clear and easy to find." He agreed picking up his sword and placing it back into its holder.

"How do you feel about seeing death?" He asked.
    Nia
    Nia
    Sixth Year Prefect
    Sixth Year Prefect

Post by Nia Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:43 am

"Ah, yes, the power of words," Ksenia said almost in wonder. "It really is unlike anything else." so much depended on that. On the charisma of the leaders that sent their troops into battle, the right words one picked when trying to persuade someone.

"No, I don't," she said, shaking her head slightly. "Thank you," she nodded her head slightly as she took the dagger from him. "I suppose you are right. It's useful to have. Especially in these times. It will be easy to hide it in my jacket." she never carried a weapon in her life. And in her situation she knew it was quite strange. On the run from people who were trying to kidnap her and only being able to defend one self with a wand.

She paused for a second. That question sounded so personal. She shrugged her shoulders. "Wouldn't be the first time," she said, her tone cold as she stared ahead at the open field beyond the arena.
    Ares Ryker
    Ares Ryker
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Ares Ryker Wed Feb 08, 2012 1:36 am

He nodded. "The right words at the right moment could be the difference between life and death for many of your troops if not all of them. People tend to forget how powerful words are. Some wars are cause by words." He said moving to sit on the front bench that still stood alive today. "Stupid how so many lives can be lost over something as simple as one or two wrongly chosen words."

He nodded. "Do not let it out of your sight. Do not let it into other peoples sights and most of all never stick it somewhere you can't reach when given a split seconds notice." He said closing his own jacket, making him look like an ordinary man out for a day of history. "Perhaps invest in a holster or two for you arms." He said pulling back his sleeves to reveal his wand strapped to one arm and a knife to the other. "Quick and easy access."

"Whose death did you witness?" He asked. He knew it was a personal question but many things soon turned personal on the battle field so she had to learn.
    Nia
    Nia
    Sixth Year Prefect
    Sixth Year Prefect

Post by Nia Sun Feb 12, 2012 11:19 pm

"People just don't stop to think," Ksenia agreed, nodding her head. "I do hate it when arrogance gets the best of people." the girl locked her fingers together behind her back, still trying to observe and feel the magic of the place.

She nodded her head. "Yes, I will do that. They look quite convenient," she said as she placed the dagger inside her own jacket. It will have to stay there until she found a better place to store it. She knew that it had been foolish of her to go without any weapon apart from her wand for the last three years. But she had remained well hidden, at least until recently. still, she knew that any weapon wouldn't help her to defend herself against blackmail. And she wasn't a killer.

"My parents," she stated coldly. I was one of the things she had been trying to forget.

Ares Ryker
    Ares Ryker
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Ares Ryker Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:11 am

"And that is actually the reason why people fall. If everyone just stopped and thought for a second, less wars would be happening and less people would have to risk their lives for something so meaningless." He said rubbing his side. Loki would still be alive today if he had just stopped and thought about what he was planning to do.

He sighed. "It seems more and more children your own age have to witness their parents deaths. It's a cold world Ksenia and i don't just mean the temperature." He said shaking his had as he looked down at his watch.

"Let's end it here for today i have to be somewhere." He said straightening his jacket. "Practise using your knife. I take it you can make your own way back? Or would you need to be dropped off somewhere?" He asked.
    Nia
    Nia
    Sixth Year Prefect
    Sixth Year Prefect

Post by Nia Fri Feb 17, 2012 5:55 am

"I will get back to school by myself," Ksenia said nodding her head slightly.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:06 pm