Hogwarts Regenerated

Hello and welcome to Hogwarts Regenerated. We have moved over to http://z13.invisionfree.com/HogwartsRegenerated/index.php? come join us!!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hogwarts Regenerated

Hello and welcome to Hogwarts Regenerated. We have moved over to http://z13.invisionfree.com/HogwartsRegenerated/index.php? come join us!!

Hogwarts Regenerated

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The new generation of witches and wizards has come. Whose side are you on?

2 posters

If Only I Could Make A Deal With God

Nia
    Nia
    Sixth Year Prefect
    Sixth Year Prefect

If Only I Could Make A Deal With God Empty If Only I Could Make A Deal With God

Post by Nia Wed May 16, 2012 12:49 pm

Ksenia sat facing the sea, her back leaning against the tree. The young witch did not look well. Bags have formed under her eyes from lack of sleep, her whole figure looking frail as it supported itself against the tree. She sighed as she wrapped her arms around her legs. It was getting a little bit warmer, but the chill was still in the air. She find it soothing to look at the water. And that's what she took to doing every day. It was one of the only things that could relax her now.
    Dameon Volans
    Dameon Volans
    Sixth Year
    Sixth Year

If Only I Could Make A Deal With God Empty Re: If Only I Could Make A Deal With God

Post by Dameon Volans Wed May 16, 2012 1:06 pm

For sixteen years, Dameon had never expected for him to end up in Hrabrost, in Durmstrang, a Wizarding School, a normal student wearing normal clothes eating normal food. Sure, he knew he finished his training at sixteen and went to a magic school like his fathers did, but he never realized that time would pass this... this... quickly.

He decided to venture into the grounds, wondering if there was any place he could be alone for a while and just think. To think of what he would do to accomplish his life's goal. To think of where she could possibly be.

His eyes rested on a brunette sitting down, and he made his way towards her. She hadn't caught his eye the way most people did; she seemed familiar, yet he didn't know how.

"Lovely scenery, is it not?" he replied calmly, his Russian a little rusty, "the water does possess some quality that makes it a rather refreshing substance even when one is looking at it. Do you not agree?"
    Nia
    Nia
    Sixth Year Prefect
    Sixth Year Prefect

If Only I Could Make A Deal With God Empty Re: If Only I Could Make A Deal With God

Post by Nia Wed May 16, 2012 1:16 pm

Ksenia turned to look at the person who addressed her. She hasn't met him before, he was a new student, that much was clear. And not from this part of Europe either. "I do," she answered him simply as she turned her head back to face the water. Her voice was low, unassuming of anything. "They say running water and burning fire are the only two things that you can look at forever," she said. Though he had only just approached her she liked the way he spoke. There was a lack of people around here who she would enjoy talking to.
    Dameon Volans
    Dameon Volans
    Sixth Year
    Sixth Year

Post by Dameon Volans Wed May 16, 2012 1:29 pm

Dameon frowned, sitting down next to the girl. "There is no such thing as forever," he vehemently mused, "forever is a metaphor, a metaphor for an infinite period of time which no one can measure with such human-like ways. However, you can say you can stare at it for a thousand years, for it is a definable period of time. But even when a tenth of that is up you'll be dead."

He then laughed, though it felt forced and hollow. "I do understand what you mean, though," he added, "water and fire are both relaxing sights to the eye. It is a wonder how they are both opposites, yet both pleasing to see. Perhaps this teaches us opposites can have a lot more in common than meets the eye, does it not?"
    Nia
    Nia
    Sixth Year Prefect
    Sixth Year Prefect

Post by Nia Wed May 16, 2012 1:42 pm

"That is true," Ksenia said as she turned her head to look at him once again. "But one can can be poetic when talking of such things. It gives you more freedom like fire and water. They are free. Why can't we be free as well when talking about them?"

"You can never tell when you look at opposites like that," she said before frowning slightly. The sun has glinted of something on his left hand. A familiar shape. One she has not seen for a long time. One that she sometimes hoped to forget. "What is that on your hand?" she asked him sharply, her eyes narrowing slightly.
    Dameon Volans
    Dameon Volans
    Sixth Year
    Sixth Year

Post by Dameon Volans Wed May 16, 2012 1:52 pm

"Ah, poeticity?" Dameon replied, nodding contemplatively, "poeticity is only human perception. You may think one thing is poetic, but I might not think so of it. However, I do agree: fire and water are poetic - even to the hardest of minds." He shrugged his shoulders, "Freedom, in my opinion, is a state of mind. You are free if you choose to be. If you want to be free when talking of those two beautiful, complement elements - then you are."

Narrowing his eyes, Dameon glanced at the ring on his hand. It was his most precious possession, and he wore it all the time - except for perhaps, when he was in the shower. He loved to brag about it, of course, but not so much about its origins. "It's my family ring," he boasted, a cocky smirk playing on his features.
    Nia
    Nia
    Sixth Year Prefect
    Sixth Year Prefect

Post by Nia Wed May 16, 2012 2:11 pm

"Sometimes it's harder to be free then others," Ksenia said, her voice low once again. "If the world keeps pushing you down all the time than eventually it will leave it's mark. And in the case of poetry I think it helps us find freedom. At least it helps some people," she said, frowning slightly. "Personally I was never a big fan of poetry."

She sat up straight, ignoring his expression and didn't hesitate as she reached for his hand, pulling it towards her. "This is your family ring?" she asked sharply once again as she studied the ring in front of her. "Where did you get it?" she almost snapped at him as she looked up. Her face has gone pale. She did not know what to think.
    Dameon Volans
    Dameon Volans
    Sixth Year
    Sixth Year

Post by Dameon Volans Wed May 16, 2012 2:23 pm

"Like I said, freedom is a state of mind," Dameon repeated, his voice staying in a low monotone, "even with all of the hardships of life, I still find it crucial for me to spend time in solitary confinement and ponder the thought of being free; it's healthy. You should try it too, sometime." His eyes widened in curiosity, "So you like poetry? What sort do you like? I've always preferred Alexandr Pushkin, if I must say so myself."

Dameon snatched his hand back from the girl, silently growling. He inspected his ring to make sure it had not been scratched, or harmed in any way possible. "Must you be so curious of my family ring?" he snarled, "all you need to know is that I am a Volans, and that is final."
    Nia
    Nia
    Sixth Year Prefect
    Sixth Year Prefect

Post by Nia Wed May 16, 2012 2:46 pm

"I did try it. I do that quite often actually," Ksenia said. "But that doesn't erode all of the problems and eventually they will build up," she sighed, looking out into the sea once again. "I said I was not very interested in poetry. Though Pushkin.....I always had a fondness for him. My mother used to read me his poems when I was little. Мороз и солнце; день чудесный! Еще ты дремлешь, друг прелестный, Пора, красавица, проснись: Отркрой сомкнуты негой взоры Навстречу северной Авроры, Звездою севера явись!" she couldn't help but smile slightly. "That one was my favourite. Winter morning."

"Final?" she snarled back at him. "The final word about the Volans family has been said more then four years ago when the last family members were either killed or disappeared! How dare you pretend to be a member of an old pureblood family when you do not even know the first thing about them?" she yelled at him, her anger rising.
    Dameon Volans
    Dameon Volans
    Sixth Year
    Sixth Year

Post by Dameon Volans Thu May 17, 2012 11:47 am

"Ah yes, internal building up of emotions," Dameon noted, "I must say, it is dangerous for one to do so. There must be a way for one to exert those internal wounds before they fester inside of you. And before you know it, it's too late. It will eat you alive and there is nothing you can do." Dameon nodded firmly once the brunette had quoted Pushkin, remembering it clearly in her head, "Ah yes, Winter Morning. I once read that to sooth me to sleep."

Dameon's eyes narrowed, "Whoever told you that?" He growled. "If you are a Volans - which by the sound of you, you are - then let me tell you this: Not all of them were killed as legend said they were. I am a Volans! Dameon Volans! Like your father, Maximillian, I - at birth - went to a special training school for necromancers - our specialty! I have now finished training, and here I am!"
    Nia
    Nia
    Sixth Year Prefect
    Sixth Year Prefect

Post by Nia Thu May 17, 2012 11:57 am

"No one told me that! It is not a legend! It happened right before my eyes!" Ksenia yelled at him. Her face has gone pale as she stared at him. "I...You....." she couldn't speak as she just stared at him, frozen. She felt nothing apart from shock.
    Dameon Volans
    Dameon Volans
    Sixth Year
    Sixth Year

Post by Dameon Volans Thu May 17, 2012 12:18 pm

"Just because you saw something in front of your eyes does not mean it is the end of the story!" snapped the Hrabrost, on the verge of standing up, "I am your brother, Kyra! And your twin brother, at that!" His face contorted into a euphoric smile, "Shouldn't you be happy, sister? You are not the only one left!"
    Nia
    Nia
    Sixth Year Prefect
    Sixth Year Prefect

Post by Nia Thu May 17, 2012 12:28 pm

"You...." Ksenia started once again. She opened her mouth but no words came out. Her hands reached out and grabbed his shirt, to make sure that he was really there, that he was real. One of her hands reached further to touch the bare skin of his neck. Her expression remained frozen as tears spilled from her eyes. Tears of relief. "You....are here.....brother," she finally said, managing to complete a sentence. A smile finally slipped onto her lips.
    Dameon Volans
    Dameon Volans
    Sixth Year
    Sixth Year

Post by Dameon Volans Thu May 17, 2012 12:38 pm

Dameon laughed - a heartier laugh, this time - at his sister. "You give in rather easily for a Volans, and I'm going to have to fix that," he smirked, though it was gentle, reassuring, "though I am rather glad you believe me, Kyra."
    Nia
    Nia
    Sixth Year Prefect
    Sixth Year Prefect

Post by Nia Thu May 17, 2012 12:47 pm

Ksenia frowned at him slightly, almost like a child. She was sure that she did not give in that easily. "There were plenty of evidence for your case," she said. "There were a lot of secrets that I learned about my own family while I was researching in the Sicarius library this summer," she explained as she settled herself next to him. She took his hand once again, gentler this time, looking at the ring once again.
    Dameon Volans
    Dameon Volans
    Sixth Year
    Sixth Year

Post by Dameon Volans Fri May 18, 2012 12:00 pm

Dameon coughed, and rather loudly. The frown on his face almost made him want to laugh. Almost. He then closely listened to his sister's words, barely sure what she was speaking of, and it was hardly his fault; he had to disappear so family traditions could be kept. However, the topic of this conversation seemed to get more and more interesting the more it went on. "The Sicariuses, eh?" echoed the Hrabrost, "who are they? What are those secrets? Pray tell, Kyra. Excuse my curiosity, but I'm sure you understand I've missed too much in my life."
    Nia
    Nia
    Sixth Year Prefect
    Sixth Year Prefect

Post by Nia Fri May 18, 2012 12:32 pm

Ksenia gave him a sad smile. "it's long story. And not a very happy one," she started as she looked out into the sea. "I am sure you know that our ancestors have worked with the Mafia, The Sicarius family, for quite a few centuries. After our parents were murdered I ran to Durmstrang, changing my name to Ksenia Sokol. I stayed to myself for more then three years in this school. And then someone from my past appeared. Abraxas Montague," his name left her lips in a hiss as she remembered the moment it all started going downhill.

"Of course he knew who I was, knew about my powers. And he used it. He used me," Ksenia said, her voice turned hard as she remembered. "At that time I was completely on my own. There was no one I could go to for protection. He blackmailed me. He forced me into an actual marriage though I do not understand why," cold laughter echoed around her though there was nothing to laugh about. "I burned the wedding dress right after the ceremony," she smirked at that. "And then he raped me. And beat me. Even used the Cruciatus curse once. I knew that I wouldn't last long like that. It was by pure miracle that two Sicarius brother have come to study at Durmstrang around the same time.

"I went to the older brother, Lucifer, who is in the same year as us and asked him to kill Abraxas. Things got a little more complicated from there. In short, one night Lucifer found me after abraxas beat me once again and we performed the warrior's vow. He swore to protect me with his life. Not long after that Lucifer killed Abraxas. I thought that was the fairytale ending at that time," Ksenia smiled slightly at that. "That feeling didn't even last one night. I soon found myself almost a pawn in the Mafia, completely blind to the things that were happening around me. I spent the summer before this school year looking for the prphecy that tied the Sicarius and the Coeus lines together. I didn't find it, but what I did find was something on the Volans family that I never knew before. That our father's ancestors were necromencers," she said finally, turning to face him.
    Dameon Volans
    Dameon Volans
    Sixth Year
    Sixth Year

Post by Dameon Volans Fri May 18, 2012 1:45 pm

Dameon nodded, ready for his sister's story. There was so much he had missed in his sister's life that he felt he deserved to know, especially if she had been through a lot, and truth be told, she had. His feet constantly changed positions from straight to crossed at the ankles as she spoke as an attempt to keep his body just as busy as his mind was.

Merlin knew where the hell he was when all of this crap was happening to his beloved sister. He could have been reading when his sister was getting married to a right git - who was, thankfully, dead. He could have been practicing his newest spell when she was abused. The worst part of it all was not her abuse itself, though that was pretty horrible, but the fact that he wasn't there for her. Imagine all of the things he could have helped her do if he was there! He would have murdered Abraxas. And he would have protected Kyra - or Ksenia, as she seemed to be called here - from everything, not Lucifer Sicarius. However, he had to admit; it was good to have an old family ally on their side, just in case anything should go wrong.

"My," replied the male Volans, shaking his head in disdain, "I am so, terribly sorry that I have not been there to help you through your misfortunes. If only..." He shook his head vigorously, "Feeling vulnerable and helpless to help my sister - my sister - out of all people! - it hurts my pride, Kyra. If only... are you alright, now? Is there anything I can do to further assist you?"
    Nia
    Nia
    Sixth Year Prefect
    Sixth Year Prefect

Post by Nia Fri May 18, 2012 1:58 pm

Ksenia smiled at him slightly. "It's not your fault. You had to do your part for the family, and you did that," she said. "It still hurts," she whispered, her mask slipping slightly. "It hurts a lot. The fact that I have to face all these challenges alone hurts the most. I can't keep doing that. I am becoming weaker and weaker every day," she said. The witch bowed her head for a few moments, getting a hold of her emotions.

"But I know I need to focus on my future as well. I am sixteen years old already. The only living witch of the Coeus line. Most purebloods are already engaged by that age. Though a partnership is not something I particularly want for myself right now there is too much risk involved," she said, almost sighing at the end.
    Dameon Volans
    Dameon Volans
    Sixth Year
    Sixth Year

Post by Dameon Volans Fri May 18, 2012 2:13 pm

"It truly is my fault!" yelled Dameon, shaking his head, "even if I was doing my part of the family, the least that I should have done was at least be aware of your suffering and try and do something about it! But did I? I did not! I simply let you suffer! I am never, ever going to forgive myself, Kyra." He took a few deep breaths, nodding at his sister's speech as well. "You are not weak, sister," he calmly answered, extending his hand for her to hold, "you have merely been through a bad patch. You are lucky to have allies that stand behind you."

Dameon shrugged his shoulders, "It is merely your decision to want a partner or not, but I know I will only find one when I find the right person." He blinked for a moment, trying to take it all in, "If you think it is too risky, then do not do it. Wait until it is safe. It is, after all, the wise thing to do."
    Nia
    Nia
    Sixth Year Prefect
    Sixth Year Prefect

Post by Nia Fri May 18, 2012 2:26 pm

"How on earth would you have known about my suffering if you didn't even know about the death of your own parents until you graduated?" Ksenia demanded. She took his hand into both of hers, looking at it. "Well I certainly feel weak. I did have allies but that didn't help me deal with my internal pain," she sighed.

"That's the point, Dameon. It is not my decision to make. I have to find a partner. I am the only carrier of a type of magic that is centuries old. That is what is at risk. If that magic vanishes our parents would have died for nothing," she said quietly.
    Dameon Volans
    Dameon Volans
    Sixth Year
    Sixth Year

Post by Dameon Volans Sat May 19, 2012 1:56 pm

"I don't know," Dameon frowned, "but I wish we had twin telepathy; life for the both of us would have been so much easier, wouldn't it? And my Elders should have spoken to me of it earlier, but perhaps waiting for me would have been for my own good; you've seen my attitude." He shook his head once more at his sister, and in comfort, he rubbed his sister's hands with his other hand. "You may feel so, but it does not mean you are," he comforted, "I do not blame you, though; I would as well had I been in your... predicament."

Dameon nodded, and light flickered in his eyes. "Have you found anyone suitable, yet?" he asked.
    Nia
    Nia
    Sixth Year Prefect
    Sixth Year Prefect

Post by Nia Sun May 20, 2012 9:11 am

"Different things are required of us, Dameon," Ksenia said with a small sad smile. "The option now would be to focus on the future. For both of us. Do you have any plans yet?" she asked him. The Slushatel was glad to have someone there beside her who she could talk to, who she didn't have to hide anything from. "I guess there is a lot of work that needs to be done to restore the family to it's former standing," she said, almost sighing. "The family Mansion has been abandoned for more then four years now."

She frowned once again, thinking of her own future. No witch with the Coeus powers has lived in the wizarding society so openly before. No one knew who were the witches that carried the powers before. Most probably believed their powers to be legend and nothing else.

"No," she shook her head slightly. "I haven't really looked though."
    Dameon Volans
    Dameon Volans
    Sixth Year
    Sixth Year

Post by Dameon Volans Sun May 20, 2012 1:45 pm

"Do I have any plans?" Dameon asked, repeating his sister's words with disdain, "well, that's a hard question. Does a bird plan its song before it sings? Do you plan your words before you speak them? I certainly don't!" He then realized exactly how immature he sounded and shook his head in disapproval. "Well, I'm not that definitive about my plans... but I'm not going to be spontaneous like I'm implying, dear sister." When Kyra mentioned something about the family being restore, his facial expression grew a lot more serious. "Sister - we must do something about the family name," he agreed, "we must restore it to its former glory - if not more. We must, or our parents would be looking down at us from above, disappointed."

Dameon firmly nodded, and replied in a firm voice, "Then you have to start looking. We don't have as much time as we used to, Kyra. Though I suggest you do find someone amiable, though. Someone intelligent."
    Nia
    Nia
    Sixth Year Prefect
    Sixth Year Prefect

Post by Nia Mon May 21, 2012 12:12 pm

Ksenia raised an eyebrow at his words. She shook her head slightly, frowning. "I can't exactly announce to the world that I am Kyra Volans and have been hiding here for more then four years. I will help you in whatever way I can Dameon, but there are still a lot of limits to that," she said, thinking of how they would be moving forward from this point. Did she actually want to become Kyra Volans again? She was not sure. There were so many thoughts in her mind right now, it was getting hard to focus on anything specific.

"Yes, I know," she nodded slightly. "I hadn't exactly had time to do this before," she said as she ran her hand through her hair, thinking once again. The Slushatel laughed slightly at his words. "Intelligence is only the base of what I need in a husband. I need to make sure that I find someone who can keep me safe. I suppose there might be someone I can find in the Mafia," she said, frowning once again.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:56 am