Hogwarts Regenerated

Hello and welcome to Hogwarts Regenerated. We have moved over to http://z13.invisionfree.com/HogwartsRegenerated/index.php? come join us!!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hogwarts Regenerated

Hello and welcome to Hogwarts Regenerated. We have moved over to http://z13.invisionfree.com/HogwartsRegenerated/index.php? come join us!!

Hogwarts Regenerated

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The new generation of witches and wizards has come. Whose side are you on?

4 posters

Divination Lesson 4 || All Years

Sophia Chaos
    Sophia Chaos
    Head of Ravenclaw
    Head of Ravenclaw

Divination Lesson 4 || All Years Empty Divination Lesson 4 || All Years

Post by Sophia Chaos Sun Oct 16, 2011 11:42 pm

Sophia finished laying dream dictionaries at the various desks. Because of the small size of most of her classes, it had been decided that several years should be combined. Since this was a recent change, not all of her students would have all the texts.

Frankly, the woman was more than a bit peeved at many of her students - they hadn't so much as seen fit to arrive to class. It was enough to make her reconsider teaching. After all, if no one showed up, why should she waste her time? But Sophia wanted to teach, and so long as there were some who were willing to learn, it would be worth it.

Sighing, she sat on the edge of her desk to wait for her class.

(Classes will combined until further notice. Please post your arrival before Wednesday, or you are late. Mostly, please arrive, as it really is getting annoying to have almost no one show up.)
    Sel
    Sel
    Fifth Year
    Fifth Year

Divination Lesson 4 || All Years Empty Re: Divination Lesson 4 || All Years

Post by Sel Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:12 am

Iris entered the classroom humming happily. She imitated a graceful princess-like bow and greeted her mentor, "Good morning Professor!" she exclaimed and took her usual seat. She had hoped that at least today, other students might walk in for now and continue with the supposed-to-be lesson. She sensed Sophia seemed disappointed and suddenly turned into the 'comforting' Iris, "Everything all right Professor?" although the answer is already obvious, she still had to notice.
    Flora Evans
    Flora Evans
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Divination Lesson 4 || All Years Empty Divination

Post by Flora Evans Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:02 am

Flora wasn't surprised that the classes had to be marged. She was the only first year to attend the last two lessons. Many thought Divination as useless. But Flora wanted to learn all about magic, every aspect of it. She entered the class and offered a nod and a small smile to the Professor, "Hello Professor."
    She was happy to see another soul inside apart from the Professor. "Hello there" She greeted and took a seat.
    Sel
    Sel
    Fifth Year
    Fifth Year

Post by Sel Mon Oct 17, 2011 12:06 pm

Thank goodness! A student here! First year I think? Iris thought automatically and greeted back with a weary smile still occupied with the professor's emotion, hoping that Sophia might be more relieved to see a student arrive other than Iris herself. "Hi! Iris by the way. First year? Glad for you to be here." said Iris and the feeling of delight arising inside her to accept that mixed lessons can be considered as beneficial to get along well with the other students and make friends. But what if there's only few who's on Divination? Since they think that this is a lame subject to learn. Pity them. Ah, well.
    Flora Evans
    Flora Evans
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Flora Evans Tue Oct 18, 2011 4:21 pm

Flora nodded at Iris, "Yes first year. I'm Flora, and I'm relieved to find you here too."
    She looked down at her desk, hmmm, dream dictionaries. So it'll have homeworks most probably. Flora frowned in thought. She didn't dream much, mainly flashbacks. They wouldn't hold much meaning in divination, would they?
    Sel
    Sel
    Fifth Year
    Fifth Year

Post by Sel Wed Oct 19, 2011 3:36 am

Iris smiled and looked down too to see that there are dream dictionaries on her desk. She held her breath and thought endlessly, Oh no. What if my dreams turned out to be super horrible? What would I do if I knew what they mean? I'm here on Divination anyway. There's no point in arguing. This can always happen. It is expected. Don't be shocked, Iris. This'll do good for yourself. Stay put, be ready for the results. She breathed slowly and the worry overwhelming her.
    Laurasia Boulstridge
    Laurasia Boulstridge
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Laurasia Boulstridge Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:14 pm

Lauri walked into the class a bit nervous, she couldn't make it to the last class and hoped the professor didn't mind. She smiled at the professor, "Good morning professor, sorry I couldn't make it to the last class," a blush creeping on her cheeks. Curse these redhead genes.
    Sophia Chaos
    Sophia Chaos
    Head of Ravenclaw
    Head of Ravenclaw

Post by Sophia Chaos Thu Oct 20, 2011 3:32 am

Sophia shot her apprentice a reassuring smile. "I'm quite alright, Iris," she said. "Merely annoyed that so few of your classmates have chosen to attend classes this year.

"Hello, Miss Evans," Sophia greeted the first year when she arrived. Noting Iris' unease, she placed a calming hand on the girl's shoulder as she passed.

"Good morning, Miss Boulstridge. It's good of you to join us," the Seer said warmly, then her tone grew a bit stern. "But for future, please remember that I donnae tale kindly ta tardiness and absences. Next time, I expect to see a valid note from a staff member or guardian. Understood?

"Have a seat, Lass.

"Now, as it seems this shall be all of us, let's go ahead and start, shall we?" Sophia began. "First off, who can name the two primary divisions of dreams for me?"
    Flora Evans
    Flora Evans
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Flora Evans Thu Oct 20, 2011 5:39 am

Flora knew of only two kinds, normal dreams and nightmares.
    So she raised her hand and said so.
    Sel
    Sel
    Fifth Year
    Fifth Year

Post by Sel Thu Oct 20, 2011 7:15 am

Iris reassured her mentor and became silent. This was a lesson she had to pay attention to. And a lesson exempted from recitation.
    Sophia Chaos
    Sophia Chaos
    Head of Ravenclaw
    Head of Ravenclaw

Post by Sophia Chaos Sat Oct 22, 2011 4:12 am

Sophia nodded slowly to Flora's response. "Aye, that would be correct, in regards to mundane dreams alone. However, I'm after a broader definition, I'm afraid. From the perspective of Divination, the two most general divisions of dreams are ordinary dreams - those which are the result of the brain piecing together patterns and bits of information or playing out concerns or matters that have been preying on our minds - and precognizant dreams - which, of course, are usually the result of a Divinatory Gift.

"Regardless of which category a dream falls into, it may still have much to tell a person," Sophia declared. "Who can guess the primary difference in the sort of information one can glean from a mundane dream versus a precognizant dream?"

Post by Guest Mon Oct 24, 2011 12:15 am

Kenzi entered the classroom, feeling extremely tiring. She had been dashing from classroom to classroom today, and she didn't feel good at all.

"Sorry, Professor Wyse!" she sighed. She then slid back into her seat, sad to find none of her friends there.
    Sophia Chaos
    Sophia Chaos
    Head of Ravenclaw
    Head of Ravenclaw

Post by Sophia Chaos Fri Oct 28, 2011 10:27 pm

Sophia frowned minutely. "Welcome tae class again, Miss Faraday," she said. "I fear I shall have tae take ten point for yer tardiness, lass. Please, have a seat.

"Now, I just asked what sort of information we might glean from a mundane dream versus a precognizant one," the woman continued. "As no one has ventured to answer, I'll just go ahead and tell you. What one might learn from a mundane dream pertains to the person herself. Mundane dreams are the subconscious putting together memories and thoughts, concerns and the like. For the most part, things which happened in that person's own past.

"With precognizant dreams, this is seldom the case. Some seers do dream of their own probable future, but this is usually the exception. Precognizant dreams give information of what may come to pass.

"Bearing this in mind, one can reason that information gathered from mundane dreams, about a person herself, is more reliable than those pertaining to probable futures," lectured Sophia. "Now, what do you ladies know about dream imagery?"

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 3:51 am